MLT College(Old name Saharsa College) was established on 2nd June 1952, in which Rai Saheb Manohar Lal Tekriwal made a remarkable contribution. On his memory college was named MLT College from Saharsa College by decission of BNMU & State government.
At first the college was under Bihar & Bhagalpur University. Again in 1974 college was undertaken by State Gov. after becoming constituent unit of Lalit Narayan University.The college has a glorious history which has inspired everyone to make this institute spread education around Koshi division of Bihar.